This easy chicken marinade infuses chicken with great combination of flavors. The overnight marinade ensures the chicken breast stays moist. By grilling the chicken it adds amazing flavor. You can always add little Greek or regular yogurt to to the marinade to add some flavor with a delicious coating around the chicken. But I have been keeping it simple and lower in calories. If you pan sear the chicken you can make a sauce with the drippings with little butter, flour, lemon juice, salt/pepper.
I marinaded the chicken breast overnight.
If chicken breast pieces are very thick you can butterfly and pound to create evenness. You can also just slice the chicken breast than pound it. This ensures it will cook evenly.
Add this chicken to salad, tacos, soups.
Make sure to let the chicken come to room temperature before grilling, this ensures chicken will not get tough once grilled.
You can always double on the spices if you like more spice flavor. I also like the premixed seasoning like Cajun and lemon pepper.
- 3 chicken breast ( for thick pieces butterfly or slice and pound evenly)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- ½ tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Paprika powder
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp. fresh minced garlic
- Fresh lemon juice of 1 or 2 lemons
- 1-2 tbsp. oil (right before grilling)
- Any fresh herb you have on hand add to marinade, like parsley or cilantro
- Marinade chicken in all ingredients except oil. Marinade covered overnight in refrigerator.
- Preheat grill. Mine was preheated to about 400 degrees F.
- Set the chicken at room temperature. Cooking cold meats results in tough meat.
- Marinade chicken with oil.
- Grill the chicken for about 3-4 minutes on each side. If it's bone in chicken time will vary. Internal temperature of chicken should be 165F. If using bone in chicken breast it can take up to 30 minutes on the grill.