Who doesn’t enjoy tacos? There are so many ways to enjoy tacos, choices are endless. This simple recipe is perfect for taco Tuesdays or any busy weekday.
- 2lbs chicken tenderloins cut into sm. pieces
- 2 tbsp. ground chipotle seasoning
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. salt or to taste
- 2-3 tbsp. cooking oil of choice
- 1 lime juice & grated rind
- ½ green bell pepper thinly sliced
- ½ med onion thinly sliced
- 8-12 corn tortillas
- 2-3 tbsp. fresh cilantro chopped
- In a med bowl add chicken, chipotle seasoning, cumin, salt, oil, lime rind & juice. Mix well make sure all chicken is
- coated with seasoning. You can also let chicken marinade with seasoning for few hrs or overnight.
- Heat med pan over med-high heat. Add chicken and cook til chicken is done. Should not be more than 10 minutes if chicken is cut into small pieces. Once chicken is done keep heat on med-high and add bell peppers and onions. Cook for few minutes, don't let veggies wilt. Turn heat off and add cilantro.
- Warm the tortillas and spoon as much of chicken in each tortilla as you would like depending on what size of tortillas
- you have. Top with your favorite salsa, pico de gallo or hot sauce. You can also add any other toppings like cheese, lettuce, sour cream.
Choices are endless. You can meal prep and make extra chicken and use in different meals during the week. I usually boil brown rice and have it with this chicken as a rice bowl or use as topping for homemade pizza.