Quick and easy ground beef tacos that have all the delicious flavors for any busy weeknight. Tacos are usually my go to meals because they are simple but you can get so creative. The variety of using different proteins, rice, tortillas and toppings make it a crowd pleaser.
To bring bold Southwestern flavors to this taco meat I used chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce. Chipotle are smoke-dried chili peppers that can be used as seasonings. Adobo sauce can be used as a marinade or seasoning, it’s made from a blend of other peppers, spices and tomatoes.
You can typically find Chipotle peppers in any authentic Latin food aisle at your grocery store. They come in a small 5oz can. These are spicy but not too much. In 1lb of ground beef I used 2 peppers with a little sauce and the meat had a very mind spice level.
I also like to use tomato sauce & paste so the meat is not to dry.
You can use variety of proteins: chicken, steak, shrimp or fish.
Use corn/flour tortillas. Boil rice to make taco bowls or burritos.
There are many topping options:
- Pico de Gallo
- Sour Cream
- 1 lb. Ground beef
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. cumin powder
- ½. tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 8oz tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and 1 tbsp. of the sauce, chopped (using 2 peppers gave me a mild spice level, adjust to taste)
- Fresh cilantro for Garnish
- Corn/flour tortillas
- Tomatoes/onions, diced with fresh lime juice, salt/pepper
- Shredded cheese
- Extra adobo sauce
- Heat oil, add onions, sauté for few minutes till translucent.
- Add garlic, sauté for 30 seconds
- Add ground beef, crumble with wooden spoon and let it sear for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, paste, cumin, paprika, salt/pepper, chipotle peppers/sauce. Let it cook on medium for 15-20 minutes. It should not be runny. Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.
- Serve with hot corn/flour tortillas with your favorite toppings.