This is such an easy delicious dessert. The trick is to use full fat coconut cream that has been refrigerated. That gives this Mousse a rich decadent flavor and texture. Not to mention how elegant does this look!
Keep the coconut cream refrigerated and don’t shake the can. When you scoop out the cream there will be coconut water below. You can reserve the coconut water for smoothies.
I used baking cocoa powder. You can add more if you like the strong chocolate/cocoa flavor.
Also adjust the sugar, but I found that using 1/4 cup of powdered sugar has the prefect amount of sweetness. Keep in mind powdered sugar, confectioner sugar & icing sugar are all similar and either can be used in this dessert. Keep in mind if you get the sweetened can of coconut cream adjust the sugar you may not need the entire 1/4 cup of sugar.
I used strawberries but use whatever fruit you like.
You could also use this mousse as a filling in your favorite pie shell, or crush your favorite cookie like Oreo, gram crackers on top
- 2 13.66 oz cans of coconut cream unsweetened, refrigerated
- ¼ cup sifted powdered sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- Fresh sliced strawberries for garnish
- Put the cans of coconut cream in the fridge a day before making this. Don't let it come to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, scoop out the cold coconut cream not the water at the bottom.
- Add sifted powdered sugar & cocoa powder.
- Whip with a handheld blender.
- Pipe into small dessert serving bowls.
- Garnish with strawberries
- Keep refrigerated til ready to serve.
- This makes 4-6 small dessert servings